looking for challenging mechanical projects?
Junior Mechanical Designer (multiple vacancies)
Nobleo Technology is a high end consultancy company offering Mechatronics, Mechanics and Software competencies to a variety of customers. We serve research institutes, large and small OEM’s, SME’s as well as small (startup) companies, both at our own office and the customers site.
As a partner in execution of customer projects the junior mechanical designer typically specifies, designs, documents, integrates & qualifies mechatronic/mechanics subsystems and – components. Examples of mechanical designs are stiff and lightweight high precision frames for lithography and healthcare equipment, qualification tools, motion platforms, frames and tools for autonomous vehicles and small ships. Mechanical design is always done in close cooperation with colleagues responsible for System Design, Control Engineering, Dynamics, Actuator Design, Sensor/Position Measurement Systems and Material Handling.
Following customer demand we are expanding our competence base and have multiple open positions for Junior Mechanical Designers.
As a junior mechanical designer at Nobleo, you help to translate the wishes of our customers into technical solutions. Under guidance of a senior mechanical designer you design and develop the mechanical architecture and layout, frames of machines, mechanical and subsystems. You report to the senior mechanical designer. You have shared responsibility for:
· Creation of the project plan in consultation with the senior mechanical designer
· Supporting the execution of the mechanical design activities from concept to documentation
· Help with the creation of technical specifications and performing concept studies
· Creation of main and detailed design in SolidWorks or Unigrahics (Pro/E, CATIA, Autocad 3D)
· Execution of calculations for (parts of) the design in Matlab or Ansys
· Teaming up with supply chain partners and taking care in a proactive way that your design can be manufactured according quality, cost and leadtime requirements
· Creating product documentation according to applicable machine directive
· You are a BSc or MSc and you at least have theoretical knowledge of mechanical design.
· Also candidates with some years of experience in mechanical design for automotive or for production facilities (factories, offshore) are invited to apply
· It is a preference if you have interest or basic knowledge about adjacent fields in mechatronics such as control engineering and electronics
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English
· Able to think at system/conceptual level, but you also work hands-on
· Analytical skills
· Passion for technology
· Ambitious , proactive and result-oriented